1. Alabama (1-0) Won 35-10 vs Va Tech, this week IDLE
2. Ohio State (1-0) Won 40-20 vs Buffalo, this week vs San Diego St
3. Stanford (0-0) IDLE last week, this week vs San Jose St.
4. Oregon (1-0) Won 66-3 vs Nicholls, this week at Virginia
5. Texas A&M (1-0) Won 52-31 vs Rice, this week vs Sam Houston St.
6. Clemson (1-0) Won 38-35 vs #12 Georgia, this week vs So. Carolina St.
7. South Carolina (1-0) Won 27-10 vs North Carolina, this week at #12 Georgia
8. Florida (1-0) Won 24-6 vs Toledo, this week at Miami (FL)
9. Louisville (1-0) Won 49-7 vs Ohio, this week vs Eastern Kentucky University
10. LSU (1-0) Won 37-27 vs TCU, this week vs UAB
11. Texas (1-0) Won 56-7 vs New Mexico St, this week at BYU
12. Georgia (0-1) Lost 38-35 at #6 Clemson, this week vs #7 South Carolina
13. Florida State (1-0) Won 41-13 vs Pitt, this week IDLE
14. Notre Dame (1-0) Won 28-6 vs Temple, this week at #15 Michigan
15. Michigan (1-0) Won 59-9 vs Central Michigan, this week vs #14 Notre Dame
16. Oklahoma State (1-0) Won 21-3 vs Mississippi State, this week at UTSA.
17. Ole Miss (1-0) Won 39-35 at Vanderbilt, this week vs SE Missouri St
18. UCLA (1-0) Won 58-20 vs Nevada, this week IDLE
19. Oklahoma (1-0) Won 34-0 vs La Monroe, this week vs West Virginia
20. Nebraska (1-0) Won 37-34 vs Wyoming, this week vs Southern Miss
21. Arizona State (0-0) IDLE, this week vs Sacramento State
22. Northwestern (1-0) Won 44-30 at California, this week vs Syracuse
23. Northern Illinois (1-0) Won 30-27 at Iowa, this week at Idaho
24. Baylor (1-0) Won 69-3 vs Wofford, this week vs Buffalo
25. Washington (1-0) Won 38-6 vs Boise St, this week IDLE
Dropped Out (#19 TCU)
Sports Brew Players of the Week: (Hint, all of them delivered Wins)
Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson: 312 yards of offense, 5 TD
Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville: 23/28, 355 yards passing, 5 TD
Christion Jones, WR/KR/PR, Alabama: 256 All Purpose yards & 3 total TD
Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State: 25/27, 356 yards, 5 Total TD
The biggest winners this week were the Clemson Tigers. They start and end the season with top ten SEC opponents and have a tough game with #13 Florida State in between. If the Tigers can stay focused week in and week out, they have an excellent chance to make it a BCS bowl game or better.
I’m not going to say any team was the biggest losers this week simply because it’s just one week and there’s a long way to go this season. It’s not time to hit the panic button yet, yes even you Georgia Bulldogs fan in tears. All is not lost for any of the contending teams and fans need to stop feeding off media telling them to hit the panic button. There is plenty of time and many games to be played this season.
WEEK 2 BIG GAMES TO WATCH
1. #7 South Carolina at #12 Georgia
2. #14 Notre Dame at #15 Michigan
3. #8 Florida at Miami (FL)
Interesting games on paper that could/will result in blowouts
4. #4 Oregon at Virginia
5. West Virginia at #19 Oklahoma
6. Syracuse at #22 Northwestern